Whether you’re new to AutoCAD, or have played around with it but need more guidance, this ultimate guide will help you feel confident and comfortable using the industry-standard CAD application.
What you’ll learn
- Ultimate guide on mastering Autodesk AutoCAD using keyboard shortcuts
- Less than one hour video covered essential keyboard shortcuts for AutoCAD
- Speed up AutoCAD drafting
- PDF on essential shortcut list
- What you’ll learn
- Ultimate guide on Mastering Autodesk AutoCAD
- Step 1. Install AutoCAD on your computer
- Step 2. Download the pdf on your computer
- Step 3. Watch the full less than one-hour video and practice with it
- Step 4. Watch the full course on our YouTube channel on Autodesk AutoCAD
- Step 5. Draw a similar drawing following the AutoCAD file
- Step 6. Practice and practice.
Ultimate guide on Mastering Autodesk AutoCAD
Step 1. Install AutoCAD on your computer
To access AutoCAD 2023’s free educational license, simply follow these steps:
- Visit the Unlock educational access to Autodesk products
- Choose AutoCAD from the list of free software.
- Sign in to your existing Autodesk account or create a new one.
- Fill out your education profile.
- Note: If you can’t find your institution listed, click “Can’t find your school?” and wait for validation, which may take up to seven days.
- If prompted, submit further documentation and proof of eligibility, such as a student ID or transcript, and wait for validation.
- Once you receive a confirmation email, click “GET PRODUCTS”.
- You’ll now have access to Autodesk’s education programs.
- Click “GET AUTODESK SOFTWARE” to download AutoCAD 2023.
- See the video guide.
There is only one alternative available to you if you insist on obtaining a completely open-source, fully functional version of AutoCAD, and that is the AutoCAD Web App.
Step 2. Download the pdf on your computer
To download the pdf, you just need to click on the upper right-hand corner. As the screenshot below.
Step 3. Watch the full less than one-hour video and practice with it
Only watching the video and not practicing with it step by step will not be able to speed up your workflow. Ultimately you will not be able to become a master on AutoCAD.
See the video on YouTube.
Step 4. Watch the full course on our YouTube channel on Autodesk AutoCAD
I’m covering a full series on Autodesk AutoCAD. It will be available as a course playlist on Youtube. Make sure you have subscribed to the channel to get notified when every time I come back with an updated video tutorial to help you master the Autodesk AutoCAD.
Mastering Autodesk AutoCAD Full playlist on YouTube.
Step 5. Draw a similar drawing following the AutoCAD file
I’ve shared one of my previous architectural projects you can practice with the help of this sample file. Before practicing with this file you must watch the video first and try it out a bit. And then you may able to try your own with that file.
Download a sample AutoCAD dwg file.
Step 6. Practice and practice.
With more practice, you will become a master of Autodesk AutoCAD. And, as you know, so many trials and errors make the foundation strong.
In corporate life, speeding up the working flow is vital. People are frequently excused from eliminating slow AutoCAD workflow and don’t know how to get rid of it. It is so simple to grab PDF shortcuts, memorize them, and practice them—and literally, you will notice how the improvement came out.
I hope you enjoyed it. If you need more specific help, please leave a comment below. I hope to see you next.